Friday, October 10, 2014

We had 12 People to Church - 9-29-14



Apt in Tocoa

Churchhouse in Tocoa

How was your week?
It was pretty great! The best day this week was the day I went on divisions with Geovani! My spanish was so good! I found a family of 4 and they came to church and are really interested in our message.  I can do most of it all on my own now... Its been super great. I really love this gospel.   

We had 12 people at church this week. We did work this week. and we met our needs finally of 35 lessons this week… that's the goal. so we met it, but we can do more.  Things are going good I contact by myself alot... and find people in the street... I talk on the phone with investigators, my spanish is starting to come.
Did you have any baptisms this week?
No mario hasnt been at church for a while... we dont know where he lives either... so we cant teach him unless he's at church, so we are trying.
How are the families of the 3 that you baptized doing?  Are they taking the discussions from you?
They are doing well! Geovanis family isnt interested but thats ok... then yajaira isn't either.  And after her, the Yosseth family is but we didnt get to teach, because they were gone. 

How many times a week do you get fed by members?
Everyday usually... if not I eat cereal and my comp buys food off the street. 

Did you say that a lady does your laundry?  If so, how much do you have to pay her to do your laundry?
yes. 50 limpiaras.
How is your bed there?  Pillow?
Eh. Its not bad, I have 2 pillows I bought one,  cause at 4 am every morning the roosters that are next door decide to wake everyone.
What is your church building like?  How many people will fit in your chapel?
Its huge! 2 story, AC,  It's nice. 150 could fit, maybe we havent filled it yet; close but no. See Pic above

Did you get you new shoes?  If so, how good are they?  How much did they cost?
Eh I bought to pairs of tennis shoes to wear,  75 bucks.... so we will see, I think they are good... 

What made you start using a straight edge razor?
Well its super awesome haha Idk I've always wanted to.
What does that fruit taste like, pandera? 
It was sweet I've only had it once it is fuzzy like a apricot and tastes... idk its weird... sweet like just sweet. creamy sweet not sour at all.
How many discussions are you teaching each week? 
Well I've been pushing for 40 but my comp is fine with 30 to 35 my goal by the end of my mission to average like 45 a week.  Super big goal but I can do it.
How is your heel? Healing up, still open wound? 
Eh, I got an in grown toe nail which is healing this week... and the blister is calloused now luckily, finally.  So its coming along.
Are your shoes/Boots helping the blister situation?
I wear tennis shoes now they help quite a bit im searching for a really good pair of goma shoes.

Any new families to teach? 
This week we found 4 people to teach and they all came to church and I'm hoping they progress the work here is super hard cause there is like 1000 churches. I really want to find a family to teach.  So bad, like a family of 5+

No comments:

Post a Comment