Tuesday, September 9, 2014

8-2-14 I've been Super Sick, Life is alright, That is What Counts

Me with a Monkey I picked up. Cool


Trujillo Beach.. So pretty

Me with Elder Garcia and ElderLamb

Me in Water, Typical, and our apartment, yes it's pink.

Me with my Comp Elder Miranda

How was your week?
It was pretty good.. the days are long the weeks are really short... its nice... today was sweet...
Are your baptisms still on?
Yes we have a bunch coming up!! like 5! I'm stoked
Is there any other investigators progressing?
We have a few more when we go knock on doors...
You answered you have lost some weight. Did you not eat or stress so much you lost weight or what? How big are your clothes on you?
Ummm stress and I've been sick and not eaten much... but I'm good my clothes are fine...

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
No breakfast... lunch we have a cook usually tortilla beans and cheese and avacado same for dinner....

Do you make your own food most meals or get fed by people?
We get fed most of the time, if not we eat at a little restraunt or something... but usually members...
Have you had to talk at church?
Luckily no we have a lot of people here....
How many people are in your branch/ward at church?
125 about every week including investigators... but it fluctuates...
Did you find out the name of the lady that is like your mom there?
mmm no I didn't.... but shes awesome!! she gave me medicine which helped me!! I've gone 2 alot down here alot.... alot... its horrible...
Is there lots of fruit?
Yes but we haven't ate any... sadly......…

What are the houses, streets and city like?
We walk in dirt roads in my city... only dirt roads... we have alot of people here though and thats way nice... our part of the city is like stick shacks and then some homes that are pretty nice.. and the city is crazy... people pee everywhere and there is piles of garbage holy cow... then the garbage is just lit of fire... and dogs are everywhere... homeless and people just beat them... its sad.

Well family,  life is alright… I'm alive... thats what counts… I've been suppppeeerrr sick... #2 mucho.... hahaha.... but its all good... hiking in water up to my knees... teaching investigators... lifes good... Living the life of a missionary... helping the people... People just breastfeeding in the middle of lessons like no big deal... thats a weird one... Monkeys.... Life is good… it's hard to get use to... learning spanish... other then that its good... I love my Zone Leader Elder Lamb he's so sweet - we talked a ton... and life is great... people are so nice only problem is we can get into every home but they all don't want to listen... oh well... our investigator this saturday is Yobani he's 18 and will be baptized this week... we have a lady we taught the whole first lesson and gave a BOM to and thats way unusual Rosita lets hope she progresses... and a man named Pedro he has one arm hes getting baptized if we can get him to church one more time... his boss doesn't let him have work off that often... we will see.. hmmm and thats about it...

Love Elder Shepherd

The beach is sweet.
Yes I'll send you pics of the baptism... and the church building soon... you guys could google earth it and where I live... if you find a soccer field on google earth in Tocoa... not the really nice one just a small one with no walls just a fence... my house is right accross a pink one…
CHECK OUT MY SHOWER: NOT, just a bucket:


No comments:

Post a Comment